Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Crockpot Swedish Meatballs****

This was so stinking good.  I didn't realize until after we were already eating it that we'd had almost exactly this same recipe before when I made the Crockpot Meatball Stroganoff. In fact, the only difference was the addition of the dry onion soup in place of the chopped onions.  I think I prefer it this way.  I always use the dry onion mushroom soup, just because I love mushrooms.  I meant to add some mushrooms to the crockpot while it was cooking, but since work has been so crazy this week, hubby has had to do the cooking for me.  I bought the mushrooms, but I didn't think to add them to the recipe notes for him.  Oops.  But it was still another winner for us!



CROCKPOT SWEDISH MEATBALLS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ TheCountryCook)

1 can cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup, low sodium
1 can beef broth, low sodium
1 packet dry onion soup mix
2 tbsp. A1 steak sauce
1 (2 lb.) bag frozen meatballs
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream (1 cup)
1 (16 oz.) package egg noodles

In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, mix undiluted soup with beef broth, onion soup mix and steak sauce. Stir well. Then add in frozen meatballs.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 3-5 hours.
After meatball mixture has cooked, stir in sour cream.
At this time, put a pot of water on the oven to boil for your egg noodles (make according to package directions.) Drain noodles well when done.Mix noodles and meatballs together. Or serve meatballs on top of noodles.

No comments: