Thursday, April 23, 2015

Slow Cooker Crack Chicken **

I'm kind of undecided on this.  It's super good on the bread, but it's also pretty dang salty.  I wonder if it might make a difference if I used just a pack and a half of Ranch.  I may try that next time.  I also cooked the bacon crumbles in the crockpot along with the chicken from the beginning.  That would obviously up the salt content, so I would switch that too.  It would definitely be worth exploring again, so I'll have to give it a shot.  I just wish I could think of something to add to it to expand the flavor somehow.  Maybe green onion?  I'm going to have to keep thinking on it.  The OP mentioned that she liked to do one flavored cream cheese with one regular.  Might be good to try it with the veggie cream cheese... Anyway, we did like it, but it just wasn't one of our favorites.


SLOW COOKER CRACK CHICKEN
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ CookiesAndCups)

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese
2 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled

In a slow cooker combine place chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
Serve warm.
When making sandwiches, top with a bit more cheddar and place under the broiler.

No comments: