Sunday, February 22, 2015

Crock Pot Nachos Supreme ****

We've had this one a bunch of times now, but it deserves another shout-out.  It's one of the few meals that I can make where everyone cleans their plates. It is so great that everyone can make their nachos however they want, and the topping really is "supreme," lol.  This time, I was able to find the real deal nacho cheese, but that's the first time that's happened.  I've had to get pretty creative with trying different combos to make my own nacho cheese.  The best has been mixing two cans of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup, a can of green enchilada sauce, and about 1/4 cup milk for the cheese sauce.  Second best is a can of Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup with a little bit of milk.  Last time I made this, I made it stovetop, which worked just as well.  I just added a bit more water to the meat mixture, since it wouldn't be cooking down as much. I always sub ground turkey for the beef, and you honestly can't even tell a difference.  This time, I threw the meat in frozen (although I had browned it earlier and frozen it), and it was still perfectly done in 6 hours on low.


CROCK POT NACHOS SUPREME
(Cyndy ~ MyPB&Jelly ~ via Tried and True Cooking with Heidi)

1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
2 cans refried beans
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning (I use low sodium)
1/2-3/4 cup water
tortilla chips
1 can (15 oz) nacho cheddar cheese sauce with jalapeno peppers (add after cooking)
topping of choice (lettuce, tomato, sour cream, black olives)

Mix all filling ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6 - 10 hours. Serve over tortilla chips topped with warmed cheese sauce and toppings of choice.
* Can also be made stovetop.
*luckymommy/Amy's notes:  For my cheese sauce, I mix two cans of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup, a can of green enchilada sauce (or a can of diced green chilies), and about 1/4 cup milk and warm it on the stove.

No comments: