Monday, June 11, 2012

Taco Bake **

This was pretty good.  Nothing special or anything, but it made for a fairly quick and easy meal on a weeknight after a long day at work.  I doubled it and put it in a 9x13, so that I'd have enough for two nights.  My only complaint is that the spice is a little strong, between the taco seasoning and the salsa.  It also upped the salt content a bit too much for my tastes.  I did use low sodium and mild everything, and I also used ground turkey in place of the ground beef.  Next time, I think I will double everything and only use one packet of seasoning.  Other than that, though, we all liked it.


TACO BAKE
(twinners00 from KraftFoods.com)

1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (1-¼ oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
¾ cup water
¾ cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1-½ cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat; simmer 5 min.
STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.
BAKE 15 min. Top with salsa and remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

No comments: