Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Busy Mom Puffins (Pancake Muffins) ***

True to the title, I was an extremely busy mom this morning, so I didn't get to take a picture of this one.  They were actually pretty good, though.  I sprinkled them with the "real bacon pieces" that you get in a bag, because I let the kids eat our blueberries for dessert.  :)  We really enjoyed them, but they really stuck to the muffin tin liners I used.  I had some that were foil and some that were paper.  The foil ones did much better.  I'm thinking you could add a bit more pancake mix to it.  Either that, or maybe cook them 17-20 minutes, to make them less mushy.  My kids really liked them, though.  I'd make them again.

BUSY MOM PUFFINS (PANCAKE MUFFINS)
(via Pinterest)

1 cup pancake mix
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup syrup
Toppings, as desired

Preheat oven to 350, mix pancake mix, water, syrup. Mix together, pour in greased muffin pan. Top with banana, blueberries, chocolate chips, pecans, sausage, bacon….etc. Bake for 12-14 minutes and serve. Easy, fast, delicious, and no syrupy mess!!

No comments: