Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Berry Cobbler **

This wasn't the best cobbler I've ever had, since I prefer more of a cake-like texture to the cobbler part of it, but it was still pretty good.  Especially when you take into account that it only has three ingredients and is so easy to make.  Gotta love that!  The kids really enjoyed it.  I made the mistake of getting the "berry medley" mix from Walmart, and it had strawberries in it.  Wasn't the best addition, in my opinion, so next time I'll stick to raspberries and blackberries.  It gets a little too much liquid in there for my tastes too, but again, for something so simple, who can complain?  :)


CAKE MIX BERRY COBBLER
(Pinterest ~ Living a Changed Life)

Two 12-oz bags frozen mixed berries
1 box white cake mix (no pudding)
1 can of diet 7-up or sierra mist (clear soda)

Place frozen fruit in a 9x13 baking dish. Add dry cake mix over the top. Pour soda slowly over cake mix. DO NOT stir the cake mix and the pop - this will give you a 'crust'. If you stir the two, you will hsve a cake like topping.
Bake 350 for 45-50 min.
You may be able to use frozen peaches instead of mixed berries.
Serves 16; 4 PointsPlus

No comments: