Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chili Dog Crockpot Casserole ***

Yet another Pinterest hit at our house.  Totally took me by surprise, since I don't even like hot dogs, lol.  I really enjoyed it, though.  My 8-year-old said the tortillas were too "doughy" for him, but that was actually my favorite part.  I used white flour tortillas this time, but I think I'll try some kind of multigran next time, to make them hold up a little better.  We all definitely enjoyed it, though.  The only changes I made was to use turkey hot dogs and three cans of Hormel chili with turkey and beans.  The turkey chili was on accident, but it was still good.  I will definitely do the three cans again next time, but I'll use just the chili with beans.


CHILI DOG CROCKPOT CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ via Moms with Crockpots)

2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans
1 (16 ounce) package beef hot dogs
10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded

Spread 1 can of chili and beans in the bottom of a large crockpot
Roll up hot dogs inside tortillas and place in crockpot, seam side down, on top of chili and beans.
Top with remaining can of chili and beans, and sprinkle with cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
**Gluten Free** Can be made gluten free by substituting gluten free corn tortillas. Please check the labels on the other ingredients to make sure they are also gluten free!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Publix has hotdogs BOGO this week! I can't wait to make this!!!

Amy said...

Awesome deal! My kids will eat just about anything if you add hot dogs to it. :)